St. Vincent de Paul
230 - 33rd Street, Newport News, VA 23607
"In May 1916, ground was
broken for our current church and rectory on 33rd Street. The complex was
completed and Mass offered for the first time on Sunday,
May 27, 1917."
|Sunday, March 14, 2004|
|Thanks to Dave Spriggs ('64) of VA - 01/20/04||01/19/04||01/20/04||Courtesy of Dave Spriggs ('64) of VA - 03/14/04|
"In 1968, Bishop Russell recommended a reorganization plan for Catholics on the Peninsula and St. Alphonsus parish was merged with St. Vincent de Paul's. Also in 1968, due to liturgical changes, the church's original pulpit, communion rail, the Winter Chapel alter and the baptismal font were removed."
(This page was created on 01/19/04.)
Filigree Divider courtesy of
http://webclipart.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geocities.com%2FParis%2FRue%2F3695%2Fborder2.html - 12/15/03
Back to Our Old Stomping Grounds
Back to Our Places of Worship
Return to the Class of 1965