08/07/08 - NNHS Newsletter
“Come back to me in dreams; that I may give
“Come back to me in dreams; that I may give
Dear Friends and Schoolmates,
Desperate times call for desperate measures. I wasn't planning a Newsletter for today, so I swiped this one from just last year.
BONUS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYD3pkbgnKA - Brothers Four ("Sing Along with Mitch")
BIRTHDAYS - TODAY AND UPCOMING:
Happy Birthday today to our Two-Fer: Kenny Branch ('62) of AR AND Anne Davidson Matthis ('64) of NC!
Happy Birthday tomorrow to Virginia Deuell DeBerry ('46) AND Kathy Presgraves Whitt ('71) of VA!
Happy Birthday this week to:
12 - Dave Arnold ('65) of VA AND Linwood Wright ('65) of VA;
14 - Tommie Mouser ('60) of VA AND My Grandson, Joseph Harty of OR!
Many Happy Returns, One and All!
From Joe Drewry ('58) of VA - 08/06/08, 11:50 PM - "Prayers for Lydia Powell Mugler's family":
YOWZERONI-RINI! Thank you for telling us, Joe! I've added charley to our Prayer Roll below, and we'll certainly keep him and Lydia and their family in our thoughts and prayers!
Supercharge your energy levels this year with these
essential five star super foods.
It's that time of the year, well into January when you are getting back into the swing of business, family and exciting projects for your year ahead. It's when you want to feel focused and energized. Choosing to eat the foods that give you energy boosting nutrients, without loading up on calories, will specifically supercharge your energy levels for a fit and more productive 2008.
Here is the low down on the top six foods for EXTRA energy and useful advice on how to incorporate them into your daily diet. Plus at the end of the article you will find some extra top tips for beating fatigue.
From the Head Flagtwirler of 1965, Janice McCain Rose of VA - 08/06/08 - "School 1957 vs. 2007":
Thanks, Janice! Life has become insane.....
From Fuzzy Turner ('63) of NC - 08/06/08 - "powerful women":
'Oh Hell....she's awake!!'
From Joyce Lawrence Cahoon ('65) of VA - 08/06/08 - "Singin' in Church":
From Richard Dawes (NNHS / HHS - '62) of VA - 08/06/08 - "perks of being over 50":
PERKS OF BEING OVER 50
1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
2. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
3. No one expects you to run--anywhere.
4. People call at 9 pm and ask, Did I wake you????
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now won't wear out.
8. You can eat supper at 4 pm.
9. You can live without sex but not your glasses.
10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
13. You sing along with elevator music.
14. Your eyes won't get much worse.
15. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
19. You can't remember who sent you this list!
And you notice these are all in Big Print for your convenience.
Thanks, Dicky Darlin'!
From Joyce Lawrence Cahoon ('65) of VA - 08/05/08 - "We've All Been There!!! " (#2 in a series of 15):
We've All Been There!!!
GIGGLES! Thanks, Joyce!
PRAYER ROLL (arranged alphabetically, but not necessarily complete):
Jerry Allen ('65) of VA -
update of 07/25/08 -
update of 07/28/08 -
"Jerry's HOME!!! He is ... feeling much better. He will still have to tackle
some health issues, but we are getting there!"
2.Julius Benton ('58) of VA - diagnosed years ago with Pick's Disease; update of 07/18/08 - SEE: 07/19/08
3. Connie Bloxom Thompson ('66) of MD - multiple heath and financial issues; needing cataract surgery to prevent inevitable blindness ASAP;update of 03/11/08: "SO FAR, 1/2 FUNDS FOR 1 EYE PROCEDURE"; update of 03/28/08: re-hospitalized; $1475.00 received so far; still short of $2000.00 goal; update of 04/28/08 - SEE: 04/28/08; update of 06/23/08 - surgery on right eye - 07/01/08; surgery on left eye to follow several weeks later as financial goals are met
Connie Bloxom ThompsonD 21015
4. Betty Brockwell McClure ('58) of VA - broken hip - early this year; still recovering and in pain; update of 06/17/08 - SEE: 06/18/08
5.Clyde Bryant ('58) of PA - heart replacement surgery - 12/13/07
6. Emily (daughter of My Niece Shari) of VA - advancing scoliosis; surgery 03/11/08; update of 03/12/08: surgery went well, running slight fever; update of 03/18/08: had some ups and lows, but is home again; update of 04/14/08 - still in pain, running a fever; update of 04/18/08 - SEE: 04/18/08; update of 05/05/08 - "finally getting better. Her hamstring stretching is painful, but making a big difference. She has years of physical therapy ahead of her, but is doing soo much better"; update of 05/13/08 - has had a setback; going to see the surgeon in Richmond on 05/15/08; update of 06/15/08 - SEE: 06/17/08
7. Dale Chestnut (Nakina HS, NC - '54) of VA suffered heart attack on 07/25/08, fell on sidewalk during attack, breaking his nose and cheekbone and losing a tooth; is in critical condition in Mary Immaculate ICU; update of 08/04/08 - SEE ABOVE
8. Carol Cook Campbell ('62) of VA - update of 07/26/08 - heart catheter; at home now and doing fine
9. My Niece, Shari, of VA - hospitalized 07/19/08
10. Jimmy DeBerry ('64) of VA - stroke on 06/17/08; update of 06/25/08 - SEE: 06/26/08; update of 07/02/08 - SEE: 07/03/08; update of 07/26/08 - "went home July 10th and is doing GREAT; walking each night, having therapy a few times a week and progressing very well"
11.Jamey Douglas Bacon ('66) of VA - knee surgery with complications on 07/01/08 - update of 07/10/08 - SEE: 07/12/08; update of 07/20/08 - SEE: 07/21/08
12. My second granddaughter,Rachel Harty of IL - broke her ankle/leg in 3 places on 05/17/08; clean breaks, no surgery required, but located in a tricky place for a growing girl, so proper healing is essential; update of 05/30/08 - "healing nicely. They put her in a cast below the knee. She still can't put any weight on it for 2 more weeks. Then she will be in a walking cast for 3 weeks after that"; update of 06/14/08 - Her leg is healing much faster than the doctor had expected. She is in a waterproof walking cast now for 3 weeks, then this cast will come off and she will have physical therapy; update of 07/06/08: SEE: 07/07/08; update of 07/27/08 - "has completed her physical therapy, and is now totally healed!"; update of 07/29/08 - SEE ABOVE
13. Pat Floyd Pride ('62) of VA - update of 07/26/08 - hip surgery - at home now and doing fine
14. Bitsy Heath ('57) of VA - 07/02/08 - abdominal aneurysm requiring surgery; also having other issues with breathing and pulmonary output; SEE: 07/03/08
16. Bobby Hedrick ('58) of VA - recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer; update of 03/22/08: "doing very well, no pain, just some soreness"; update of 05/10/08: "continues to do well since the surgery for pancreatic cancer and will now begin the follow-up treatment to be decided upon following the consultation and evaluation at MD Anderson (Houston).
17. Charley Mugler of VA - suffered massive on 07/20/08
18. Pam Pennington Cherry ('58) of VA - congestive heart failure; cardiac ablation procedure - 02/06/08; second surgery on 02/20/08 for aneurysm; update of 03/17/08 - still experiencing difficulty with heart racing, breathing and pressure in her chest; pray that cardiac ablation procedure will not have to be repeated, and that Pam can learn to REST!; update of 05/04/08 - "in about eight months she will indeed have to have the ablation process repeated."
19. Marsha Rice ('62) of VA - update of 07/26/08 - knee surgery - at home now and doing fine
20. Tommy Scott ('61) of VA - update of 04/14/08 - "at home recuperating"; update of 05/22/08 - "still at home recuperating"; update of 06/09/08 - "still at home recovering. I am sure they would love receiving cards/notes from NNHS friends."
22. Jim Wilson ('58) of VA recovering from prostate surgery on 06/02/08
23. All of Us
DATES TO REMEMBER:
1. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 26 - 28, 2008 -NNHS CLASS OF 1968:
http://www.nnhs65.00freehost.com/reunion-class-of-1968.html - 03/31/08
2. Saturday, September 27, 2008 -EVERYONE:
Evelyn Fryer Fish's Birthday Party for All of Us
3. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, October 17 - 19, 2008- NNHS CLASS OF 1963 - AND PERHAPS OTHERS:
http://www.nnhs65.00freehost.com/reunion-class-of-1963.html - 07/23/08
Y'all take care of each other! TYPHOONS FOREVER! We'll Always Have Buckroe!
Love to all, Carol
NNHS CLASS OF '65 WEB SITE:
PERSONAL WEB SITE: http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/cluckmeat
219 Four Ply Lane
Fayetteville, NC 29311-9305
To donate, click on the gold seal on the left,
or just mail it to my home. Thanks!
Once There Were Greenfields
- Gilkyson, Dehr, Miller
(The Brothers Four)
Once there were greenfields, kissed by the sun
Once there were valleys, where river used to run
Once there were blue skies with white clouds high above
Once they were part of an everlasting love
We were the lovers who strolled thru greenfields
Greenfields are gone now, parched by the sun
Gone from the valleys were rivers used to run
Gone with the cold wind that swept into my heart
Gone with the lovers who let their love depart
Where are the greenfields that we used to roam
I'll never know what made you run away
How can I keep searching when dark clouds hide the way
I only know there's nothing here for me
Nothing in this wide world left for me to see
But I'll keep on waiting until you return
I'll keep on waiting until the day you learn
You can't be happy when your heart's on the roam
You can't be happy until you bring it home
Home to the greenfields and me once again
"Once There Were Greenfields" midi courtesy ofhttp://www.jhegarty.com/sounds/greenfie.mid - 08/06/07
"Once There Were Greenfields" lyrics courtesy ofhttp://sniff.numachi.com/pages/tiGREENFLD.html - 08/06/07
Terragen Image of Green Fields courtesy of http://www.epicureansdelight.stocktonet.com/Terragen_Originals.htm - 08/06/07
Gentoo Penguin's Image of Parched Fields between Hospital del Orbigo and Astorga courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/35998493@N00/340401734/ - 08/06/07
Green Divider Line clip art probably courtesy of http://www.wtv-zone.com/nevr2l82/bars.html - 04/01/05 (but at the moment, I can't find which page...)
Birthday Cake clip art courtesy of
Sarah Puckett Kressaty ('65) of
VA - 08/31/05
Thanks, Sarah Sugah!
Air Force Seal clip art courtesy of http://www1.va.gov/opa/feature/celebrate/milsongs.htm - 07/07/06
Animated Wildly Laughing Dog
courtesy of Eva Ellis Madagan ('61) of FL - 11/24/07
Animated Laughing Frog courtesy of Joyce Lawrence Cahoon of VA - 05/31/08
Animated Laughing Kitty courtesy of Tom Flax ('64) of VA - 06/03/06
Marine Corps Seal clip art
courtesy of the late
Herbert Hice of MI
- one of my
Famous Marines who served in the South
Pacific during WWII.
Thanks again, Herbie!
Back to NNHS Newsletters - 2008
Return to NNHS Class of 1965