|07/19/14 - NNHS Newsletter - Summer Song|
“I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the
La Folie en tête (Mad in Pursuit)
Dear Friends and Schoolmates,
I've never been much of a fan of summer and the heat - unless I can bask in the glory of air conditioning, that is. In fact, I am inordinately fond of staying inside and enjoying The Great Indoors and observing the scenery through the window, but then, you've always known I am nothing if not weird.
BONUS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGNgcRwKW4Q - Summer Song - Joe Satriani, live, 2006
THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAYS:
Birthday today to
Chestnut (Nakina HS, NC - '54) of VA
Mannie Smith ('57)
Mullins Brown ('70) of VA!
Happy Birthday tomorrow to Harlan Hamby ('57) AND Alan Jecmenek of TX!
Happy Birthday this week to:
21 -Gail Lucado Phelps ('68) of VA and her twin brother, the late Dale Lucado ('68) (deceased 20 Feb 2012);
22 - Jerry Saunders ('57) AND Bryce Bartel ( Brighton High , UT - '04) of UT;
23 - Newell Blayton ('57) AND Bettie Bracey Gosner ('57);
25 - Janey Roane Harper ('57);
Many Happy Returns, One and All!
From My #2 Son, Brent Harty (Hillsboro HS, IL - '90) of LA - 07/18/14 - "First Anniversary":
Here I am heading to dinner with my best friend on our
CONGRATULATIONS! Thanks, Brent - glad y'all are so happy!
|Laura and Brent|
From My Friend, Angela, of NC - 07/18/14 - "Ad of the year!!":
Centrum Silver Ad - Things aren't always as they seem when you're taking vitamins that make you feel young again!
From My Friend, Tina, of NC - 07/18/14 - "The Secret of Genius":
this is why I'm so childish some times.
ABSOLUTELY! Thanks, Tina!
Oceanside Dolman-Sleeve Top - "Simplicity
is the word of the day. Featuring dolman sleeves, solid bands around
cuffs and hem, and a crew-cut neckline, this top offers full-coverage
and simplicity for a winning combination. This top is worked in two
separate panels that are sewn together before the collar, cuffs and hem
Pom Pom Flip Flops - "Are you looking to spice up your plain old flip flops? Use this free crochet pattern to make some pom pom flip flops; be the envy of all your friends."
Floral Flip Flops - "Looking for easy free crochet patterns? Buy a plain pair of flip flops and dress them up with the flowers to make some fun floral flip flops. Choose brightly colored yarn if you're looking for a fabulous summer look. You'll only need a little bit of Lion Brand yarn in any colors to complete this free crochet pattern. It's also a great way to bust through your yarn stash. Slip your feet into these homemade sandals this summer and turn heads everywhere you go."
BONUS SUMMER RECIPES:
|http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Everyday-Cooking/Seasonal/Summer/ - Summer Recipes - "Fresh salads, berry desserts, and frosty cold drinks. Get the recipes that make summer shine."|
From www.ajokeaday.com - 07/18/13:
|Things to do @ Wal-Mart while the significant other is taking
his/her sweet time:
1. Get cans of cat food and randomly put them in people's carts when they don't realize it.
2. Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten minute intervals throughout the day.
3. Make a trail of orange juice on the floor leading to the rest rooms.
4. Walk up to an employee and tell him in an official tone, "I think we've got a Code 3 in house wares," and see what happens.
5. Tune all the radios to a polka station; then turn them all off and turn the volumes to "10."
6. Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift wrap.
7. Put M&M's on layaway.
8. Move "Caution: Wet Floor" signs to carpeted areas.
9. Set up a tent in the camping department; tell others you'll only invite them in if they bring pillows from Bed and Bath.
10. When someone asks if you need help, begin to cry and ask, "Why won't you people just leave me alone?"