07/09/08 - NNHS Newsletter
“On Saturdays (my mother) would
bribe us by making cookies so that we
- Ed Ames
(b. 9 July 1927)
Dear Friends and Schoolmates,
This is a new birthday celebration for us.
BONUS #1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9GXQndG5og - My Cup Runneth Over - Ed Ames
BONUS #2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD0DV2vPNEQ - Ed Ames and the Tomahawk Incident on the Johnny Carson Show
Happy Birthday today to Eva Ellis Madagan ('61) of FL!
Many Happy Returns, Eva!
1. Jerry Allen ('65) of VA:
From Judy Phillips Allen ('66) of VA - 07/08/08:
Thank you, Dear Judy, that we will - and give your darling husband more hugs and kisses from us all!
2. Jamey Douglas Bacon ('66) of VA:
From Judy Phillips Allen ('66) of VA - 07/09/08:
Well, we heard back from the doctors today and mom still has a very difficult infection and will have to continue to be treated before she can have the knee replacement. The antibiotic regimen will last approximately 6-10. If they are able to eradicate the infection they will try again to replace the knee. If not, they may have to permanently fuse the knee and forgo replacement. Right now she has a new antibiotic cement spacer installed that allows only minimal weight bearing
We have not yet received discharge papers, so she may be in the hospital for several more days. They are looking at the option of rehab again or they may send her home. That decision is in the hand of Healthkeepers Insurance. Now that is a scary thought.
I will continue to keep you updated as we hear more information. Thank you again for all your care, concern and prayers.
EEEKS!!!Thanks, Judy - and Brian! We'll keep praying! Y'all visit if you can!
From Joyce Lawrence Cahoon ('65) of VA - 07/07/08 - "Daffy jumps=This is Fun!!!!":
Boy, is this fun!!!
This could drive you crazy!
Try not to spend all day at this...:-))
WILD GIGGLES!!! This is great fun - thanks, Joyce!
From RealAge.com Tip of the Week - 07/07/08 - "Today, July 7: Pick up these 4 must-eat foods for healthy skin ":
Give your skin inside-out protection from the sun by putting these four items into your shopping cart:pomegranates, tomatoes, dark chocolate, and tea.
From Jay Styles ('68) of VA - 07/08/08 - "beautiful":
ONCE IN A WHILE
SOME REALLY GREAT E-MAIL COMES THRU.
THIS IS ONE OF THEM
Ooooh, that is beautiful - soothing, restful, and inspirational, too! Thanks, Jay Sweetie!
From Barbara Fritsche Barnes ('63) of VA - 07/08/08 - "Class of 63 missing list":
Thanks, Barbara! Several of the names you listed are among our regular subscribers, so I'm going to give them another day or two to report in, and try to round up some addies for you (both actual and email) before I add them to that list. They may be quite surprised to know that they're missing!
From Bill Black ('66) of GA - 07/09/08 - "TICK WARNING":
This is even funnier because it comes from Joanna Faith Lee, our
Greenhouse Manager, who came to us last summer from a prestigious garden in
Florida, with all sorts of credentials, references, knows the Latin names of
everything, and ( like me, of course ) is a quiet, content-to-be-behind-the-
It only took a year for us to lower her to our level of humor.
Please thank Joanna for us all, Bill!
PRAYER ROLL (arranged alphabetically, but not necessarily complete):
1. Connie Bloxom Thompson ('66) of MD - multiple heath and financial issues; needing cataract surgery to prevent inevitable blindness ASAP;update of 03/11/08: "SO FAR, 1/2 FUNDS FOR 1 EYE PROCEDURE"; update of 03/28/08: re-hospitalized; $1475.00 received so far; still short of $2000.00 goal; update of 04/28/08 - SEE: 04/28/08; update of 06/23/08 - surgery on right eye - 07/01/08; surgery on left eye to follow several weeks later as financial goals are met
Connie Bloxom ThompsonD 21015
2. Betty Brockwell McClure ('58) of VA - broken hip - early this year; still recovering and in pain; update of 06/17/08 - SEE:06/18/08
3.Clyde Bryant ('58) of PA - heart replacement surgery - 12/13/07
4.Jimmy DeBerry ('64) of VA - stroke on 06/17/08; update of 06/25/08 - SEE: 06/26/08; update of 07/02/08 - SEE: 07/03/08
5. Emily (daughter of My Niece Shari) of VA - advancing scoliosis; surgery 03/11/08; update of 03/12/08: surgery went well, running slight fever; update of 03/18/08: had some ups and lows, but is home again; update of 04/14/08 - still in pain, running a fever; update of 04/18/08 - SEE: 04/18/08; update of 05/05/08 - "finally getting better. Her hamstring stretching is painful, but making a big difference. She has years of physical therapy ahead of her, but is doing soo much better"; update of 05/13/08 - has had a setback; going to see the surgeon in Richmond on 05/15/08; update of 06/15/08 - SEE: 06/17/08
6. Jamey Douglas Bacon ('66) of VA - knee surgery with complications on 07/01/08 - SEE: 07/03/08
7. My second granddaughter, Rachel Harty of IL - broke her ankle/leg in 3 places on 05/17/08; clean breaks, no surgery required, but located in a tricky place for a growing girl, so proper healing is essential; update of 05/30/08 - "healing nicely. They put her in a cast below the knee. She still can't put any weight on it for 2 more weeks. Then she will be in a walking cast for 3 weeks after that"; update of 06/14/08 - Her leg is healing much faster than the doctor had expected. She is in a waterproof walking cast now for 3 weeks, then this cast will come off and she will have physical therapy; update of 07/06/08: SEE:07/07/08
8. Bitsy Heath ('57) of VA - 07/02/08 - abdominal aneurysm requiring surgery; also having other issues with breathing and pulmonary output; SEE:07/03/08
10. Bobby Hedrick ('58) of VA - recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer; update of 03/22/08: "doing very well, no pain, just some soreness"; update of 05/10/08: "continues to do well since the surgery for pancreatic cancer and will now begin the follow-up treatment to be decided upon following the consultation and evaluation at MD Anderson (Houston).
11.Pam Pennington Cherry ('58) of VA - congestive heart failure; cardiac ablation procedure - 02/06/08; second surgery on 02/20/08 for aneurysm; update of 03/17/08 - still experiencing difficulty with heart racing, breathing and pressure in her chest; pray that cardiac ablation procedure will not have to be repeated, and that Pam can learn to REST!; update of 05/04/08 - "in about eight months she will indeed have to have the ablation process repeated. "
12. Tommy Scott ('61) of VA - update of 04/14/08 - "at home recuperating"; update of 05/22/08 - "still at home recuperating"; update of 06/09/08 - "still at home recovering. I am sure they would love receiving cards/notes from NNHS friends."
14. Jim Wilson ('58) of VA recovering from prostate surgery on 06/02/08
15. All of Us
DATES TO REMEMBER:
1. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 26 - 28, 2008 -NNHS CLASS OF 1968:
http://www.nnhs65.00freehost.com/reunion-class-of-1968.html - 03/31/08
2. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, October 17 - 19, 2008- NNHS CLASS OF 1963:
http://www.nnhs65.00freehost.com/reunion-class-of-1963.html - 03/26/08
Y'all take care of each other!TYPHOONS FOREVER! We'll Always Have Buckroe!
Love to all, Carol
NNHS CLASS OF '65 WEB SITE:
PERSONAL WEB SITE: http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/cluckmeat
219 Four Ply Lane
Fayetteville, NC 29311-9305
To donate, click on the gold seal on the left,
or just mail it to my home. Thanks!
My Cup Runneth Over
(b. 12 Sept 1929)
I Do! I
Sometimes in the
mornin' when shadows are deep
I lie here beside you just watching you sleep
And sometimes I whisper what I'm thinking of
My cup runneth over with love
Sometimes in the evening when you do not see
I study the small things you do constantly
I memorize moments that I'm fondest of
My cup runneth over with love
In only a moment we both will be old
We won't even notice the world turning cold
And so, in these moments with sunlight above
My cup runneth over with love
My cup runneth over with love
"My Cup Runneth Over" midi of Mahler's courtesy of http://jlfoundation.net/tableofcontents1.html - 07/09/08
"My Cup Runneth Over" lyrics courtesy of http://www.lyricsdrive.com/lyrics/ed-ames/263020/my-cup-runneth-over-lyrics/ - 07/09/08
First Image of Ed Ames courtesy of http://wcbstv.com/slideshows/hollywood.walk.of.20.228495.html?rid=15 - 07/09/08
Second Image of Ed Ames courtesy of http://www.jewishjournal.com/community_briefs/article/zionist_organization_sings_way_to_la_20050401/ - 07/09/08
Brown Star Divider Line clip art courtesy of http://www.bravenet.com - 08/12/04
Birthday Cake clip art courtesy of
Sarah Puckett Kressaty ('65) of
VA - 08/31/05
Thanks, Sarah Sugah!
Army Seal clip art also courtesy of Al Farber ('64) of GA - 05/24/06
Thanks again, Al!
Animated Wildly Laughing Dog courtesy of Eva Ellis Madagan ('61) of FL -
Marine Corps Seal clip art
courtesy of the late
Herbert Hice of MI
- one of my
who served in the South Pacific
Thanks again, Herbie!
Back to NNHS Newsletters - 2008
Return to NNHS Class of 1965