- NNHS Newsletter
The Lady in Red
“When you love someone,
all your saved-up
Dear Friends and Schoolmates,
This is another of our "rerun" Newsletter themes - first seen exactly four years ago today, and each year thereafter:
BONUS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLgmlWRxhwk - The Lady in Red - Chris De Burgh
THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAYS:
Happy Birthday today to David Lundquist ('57) AND Glenn Dye ('60) of TX AND Jean Poole Burton ('64) of RI!
Happy Birthday tomorrow to Fred Eubank ('64) of TX!
Happy Birthday this week to:
27 - Jimmy Dick ('65) of FL AND My #1 Daughter-in-Law, Mary Bennett Harty (Litchfield HS, IL - '89) of IL;
28 - Andrew Puckett ('57) AND Henry Hoyle ('65) of Northern VA;
29 - Carolyn Frizzelle Hogge ('61) of VA ANDJimmy Smith ('62) of VA AND Patricia Eken Miller ('66) of VA;;
30 - Blaine Crum ('57);
01 - the late Julius Benton ('58) (deceased 20 Nov 2008) AND Linda Ray Letchworth Enochs ('60) of TX;
02 - Fred Mays ('60) of VA!
Many Happy Returns, One and All!
|TODAY IN WWII:
June 25, 1947 - The Diary of Anne Frank was published.
June 25, 1948 - The Berlin airlift began with the Soviet Union tightening its blockade of Berlin by intercepting river barges heading for the city.
June 25, 1987 -Austrian President Kurt Waldheim visited Pope John Paul II at the Vatican. The meeting was controversial due to allegations that Waldheim had hidden his Nazi past.
June 25, 1999 - Germany's parliament approved a national Holocaust memorial to be built in Berlin.
|TODAY IN 1965:
Friday, June 25, 1965 - No major events, no noteworthy births, no newsworthy deaths. Who knew?!?
From Cheryl Mays Howard ('66) of VA - 06/24/10, 12:24 PM - "Roselle Harvey Mays":
My mom, Roselle Harvey Mays, is 95 today...whew, makes me feel tired to think of getting that old!
Blessing and favor, Cheryl
WOWZERONI! Thanks, Cheryl! A Belated Very Happy Birthday to her!
|Roselle Harvey Mays|
From Wayne Stokes ('65) of VA - 06/24/10 - "When to take a senior citizen's license away!":
From Rip (Collins - 65 - of TN), a video of his last speeding ticket!
|Thanks, Wayne Honey!|
From My #2 Daughter-in-Law, Bethany Winona Harty (Siuslaw HS, OR - '94) of TX - 06/24/10, 3:54 PM - "Me & my niece Kaiya :)":
|AWWW! Thanks, Bethany!|
June 24, 2010
|Bethany and Kaiya|
From Me ('65) of IL - 06/24/10 - "Cleaning Off My Camera":
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Glen Carbon, IL
Saturday, June 19, 2010
|Rachel's 14th Birthday||Mary, Andrew, and Lewis||Kaiya - 8-1/2 Months||Thunderstorm (as usual)||Carol and Bethany|
Sunday, June 20, 2010
June 22, 2010
June 23, 2010
William Clark's Grave
St. Louis, MO
June 23, 2010
Prison and Cemetery,
June 23, 2010
Great River Road,
|Brent and Bethany||Paul and Brent||Andrew||Brent and Andrew||Brent and the Piasa Bird|
From Glenn Dye ('60) of TX - 06/24/10:
Don't know if we have any country music fans out there or not, but I just had two concerts this week with Allen Frizzell, younger brother to Lefty Frizzell (31 Mar 1928 – 19 July 1975), and David Frizzell (b. 26 Sept 1941), who are country music legends. Allen used to be all country, but has gone into Country Gospel. He told me he used to be married to Shelly West (31 Mar 1928 – 19 July 1975), daughter of Dottie West (b. 23 May 1958). He is a great singer.
WOWZERS! COOL BEANS! Thanks for sharing that with us, Glenn - and Happy Birthday!
From Richard Dawes (NNHS / HHS - '62) of VA - 06/24/10 - " Definitions":
The Washington Post's Mensa Invitational once again invited readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.=============
Here are the winners:
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus : A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxicaton : Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone ( n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy : Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
9. Inoculatte : To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
10. Osteopornosis : A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
11. Karmageddon : It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer......like
12. Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
13. Glibido : All talk and no action.
14. Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
15. Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor ( n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.
The Washington Post has also published the winning submissions to its yearly contest, in which readers are asked to supply alternate meanings for common words.
And the winners are:
1. Coffee, n. The person upon whom one coughs.
2. Flabbergasted, adj. Appalled by discovering how much weight one has gained.
3. Abdicate, v. To give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
4. Esplanade, v. To attempt an explanation while drunk.
5. Willy-nilly, adj. Impotent.
6.Negligent, adj. Absentmindedly answering the door when wearing only a nightgown.
7. Lymph, v. To walk with a lisp.
8. Gargoyle, n. Olive-flavored mouthwash.
9. Flatulence, n. Emergency vehicle that picks up someone who has been run over by a steamroller.
10. Balderdash, n. A rapidly receding hairline.
11. Testicle, n. A humorous question on an exam.
12. Rectitude, n. The formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists.
13. Pokemon, n. A Rastafarian proctologist.
14.Oyster, n. A person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddishisms.
15. Frisbeetarianism, n. The belief that, after death, the soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.
16. Circumvent, n. An opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men.
- 06/01/10 - "Virtues":
|The Ten Essential Virtues of
By Dr. Charles
D. Schmitz and Dr. Elizabeth A. Schmitz
This morning, a
great friend of ours sent along an article that we were really taken
with. For those who have read our book, Building a Love that Lasts
(Jossey-Bass/Wiley 2010), you may recall a chapter entitled, "A Tribute
to Lasting Love" (pp. 259-262). In this chapter we highlighted the
wonderful six-decade marriage of Sandy and Pris, whom we had interviewed
for our book.
From Jane Chambers of VA - 07/01/09 AND 02/07/10 - "CNC BOOK BROCHURE & AD" AND 61-62 DECADERS ADDENDA:
Contact Dr. Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FromArcaMax Jokes - 06/24/10:
"It's time to see how clearly you can think," the teacher said to his class. "Now, listen carefully, and think about what I'm saying. I'm thinking of a person who has the same mother and father as I have. But this person is not my brother and not my sister. Who is it?"
The kids in the class furrowed their brows, scratched their heads, and otherwise showed how hard they were thinking. But no one came up with the right answer.
When everyone in the class had given up, the teacher announced, "The person is me."
Little Jeffrey beamed at learning the answer. "That's a good one," he said to himself. "I'll have to try that on Mom and Dad."
At dinner that night, little Jeffrey repeated the riddle to his parents. "I'm thinking of a person who has the same mother and father as I have," he said. "But this person isn't my brother and isn't my sister. Who is it?"
His parents furrowed their brows, scratched their heads, and otherwise pretended that they were thinking hard. Then they both said, "I give up. Who is it?"
"It's my teacher!" Jeffrey said.
|DATES TO REMEMBER:
http://www.nnhs65.com/requests-prayers.html - updated 06/14/10
http://nnhs.wordpress.com/ - updated 08/04/09
NNHS CLASS OF '65 WEB SITE:
PERSONAL WEB SITE: http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/cluckmeat
The Lady in Red
Words and Music by Chris de Burgh, 1986
"The Lady in Red" midi courtesy of http://www.jadierose.com/midicollection.html
Animated Tiny Birthday Cake clip art courtesy of Sarah Puckett Kressaty ('65) of
VA - 08/31/05
Thanks, Sarah Sugah!
Army Seal clip art courtesy of Al Farber ('64) of GA - 05/24/06 (still
Replaced by Norm Covert ('61) of MD - 02/09/09
Litchfield High School's Purple Panther Paw Print courtesy of http://www.litchfield.k12.il.us/ - 06/23/07
Navy Seal clip art courtesy of http://www.onemileup.com/miniSeals.asp - 05/29/06
Marine Corps Seal clip art
courtesy of the late
Herbert Hice of MI
- one of my
Famous Marines who served in the South
Pacific during WWII.
Thanks again, Herbie!!
Animated Laughing Jerry courtesy
of Cookie Phillips Tyndall ('64) of VA - 06/14/06
Siuslaw High School's Viking Logo clip art courtesy of http://www.answers.com/topic/minnesotavikings-1000-png - 12/27/07
Animated Big Hugs Smiley clip art courtesy of Sarah Puckett Kressaty ('65) of VA
Thanks, Sarah Sugah!
Animated Laughing Frog courtesy
of Joyce Lawrence Cahoon of VA - 05/31/08
Back to NNHS Newsletters - 2010
Return to NNHS Class of 1965