06/19/08 - NNHS Newsletter
ďI'll squeeze the cider out of your Adam's apple."
- Moe Howard
(Harry Moses Horwitz)
ďI'll squeeze the cider out of your Adam's apple."
- Moe Howard
(Harry Moses Horwitz)
Dear Friends and Schoolmates,
Surely The Three Stooges qualify as one of the guilty pleasures of life!
BONUS #1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKV_HTHFjZY - The Three Stooges: Moe finds a spring - from Hoi Polloi, 1935
BONUS #2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUcIeiaIQrs - The Three Stooges: from Slippery Silks, 1936
BONUS #3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwirWWnzJKM - The Three Stooges: Pie Fight
- TODAY AND UPCOMING:
Happy Birthday today to Jill Douglas Schumacher ('57) AND Doris Landon Lewis ('57)!
Happy Birthday tomorrow to Barbara Houston ('68) of Northern VA!
Happy Birthday this week to:
Ralph Goldstein ('57) AND Kelly Loose Bustamante ('58) of VA AND Terry Haney ('66) of VA!
22 - Jim Cobb ('66) of VA;
25 - David Lundquist ('57) AND Glenn Dye ('60) of TX AND Jean Poole Burton ('64) of RI;
26 - Fred Eubank ('64) of TX!
Many Happy Returns, One and All!
1.From My Niece Shari of VA - 06/19/08, 6:14 AM - "Much More Pain":
YOWZERONI-RINI-ROONI - it just doesn't stop, does it, Shari?!? We're so sorry!
NEW BABY UPDATE:
From My #6 Son, Dale Harty (Hillsboro HS, IL / American School, IL - '02) of MA - 06/18/08 - " Buckley Daniel Harty":
June 18, 2008 by Dale Harty
These were taken on Fatherís Day 6/15/08. What a Fatherís Day Gift!
|They say that babies canít smile on purpose at this young age, but instead are just figuring out how to use their facial muscles along with the rest. While that may be so, it makes you wonder when he puts on a serene, beaming smile just after being told how adorable he is and kissed on his beautiful cheeks. If the doctors are wrong (donít tell anyone I even brought up that possibility) just on the off-chance that they change their minds a few years from now, it might be said that he smiled for the first time on Fatherís Day.|
|Father's Day, Sunday, June 15, 2008|
|This picture was taken on Tuesday 6/17/08. Heís such an adorable little character. He really likes cuddling with his mother after eating. Itís so cute when heís done. He lets go, pulls himself away, presses his lips together so thereís no mistake that heís done, then lays his head on her chest and is fast asleep within minutes.|
|Tuesday, June 17, 2008|
|And finally this picture was taken this morning 6/18/08, while he was still asleep. Last night, he would wake up whenever we tried putting him in the bassinet, so we just laid him between us in bed and both snuggled him. Except for waking a few times for quick feedings, he slept through the night!|
|Wednesday, June 18, 2008|
Thank you so much, Dale! Somehow I don't seem to tire of seeing new pictures of that little baby boy! And he opened his EYES! Except for rare moments, my seven babies all kept their eyes tightly clamped shut for three weeks or so, much like newborn kittens.....
From Joyce Lawrence Cahoon ('65) of VA - 06/18/08 - "When You Thought I Wasn't Looking":
WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING
WHO DO SO MUCH FOR OTHERS, BUT THINK THAT NO ONE EVER SEES.
LITTLE EYES SEE A
Thanks so much for sharing this with us, Joyce!
From Cheryl Mays Howard ('66 / '67) of VA - 06/18/08 - "RE":
I must tell the truth Carol...Alas,
John (Howard - '66 - of VA)
and I never dated in High School. I dated Ferguson guys...oops! I only
barely knew who he was and vice versa. My friend had a crush on him, thus I
knew his name! ha
We met at Ft. Monroe when someone wanted to find him due to his returning from Viet Nam...I went along for the ride...ha
Ended up being a ride for the rest of my life! Amazing how God works things out!
Peace & Blessing,
Yes, indeedy! When you missed your first chance, He allowed you a second! What a lovely story of hope!! Thanks, Cheryl!
From Joyce Lawrence Cahoon ('65) of VA - 06/18/08 - "How to Tell the Sex of a Fly ":
How to Tell the Sex of a Fly
Thanks again, Joyce!
From Carol Anne Comer Cutler ('70) of VA - 06/19/08 - "Neat Sayings":
I thought these were very cute & worth forwarding for others to enjoy!
This is a cute one.
These are very cute! Thanks, Carol Anne!
PRAYER ROLL (arranged alphabetically, but not necessarily complete):
1. Jerry Allen ('65) of VA - began radiation for cancer last week of February; it was delayed when he was diagnosed with pneumonia on 02/20/08; update of 03/11/08: recovered from pneumonia, is in his third week of radiation, and seems to be doing well. He is back at work and comes home tired, but overall, he is in pretty good shape; update of 03/24/08: last radiation treatment was Friday; "looking good and feeling pretty good except for very irritated skin and fatigue"; update of 04/05/08: "getting better each day"; update of 04/14/08: "now dealing with a blood clot in his pic line; receiving daily injections in the abdomen and taking antibiotics and blood thinners; feels pretty good in spite of everything and his ATTITUDE is great---as usual"; update of update of 04/24/08: "no longer taking daily abdominal injections for blood clot that developed a few weeks ago; everything is looking pretty good. The PET scan will be in the next few weeks. We are expecting good results." update of 05/05/08 - "scheduled for two more chemo visits; will have the first chemo on Thursday, May 8th followed up by an injection on Friday to boost his immune system"; update of 05/08/08 - "did pretty well with the chemo today in spite of the risky business with the procedure without the pic line that was removed due to a clot"; update of 05/28/08: has chemo again on 05/29/08
2. Connie Bloxom Thompson ('66) of MD - multiple heath and financial issues; needing cataract surgery to prevent inevitable blindness ASAP;update of 03/11/08: "SO FAR, 1/2 FUNDS FOR 1 EYE PROCEDURE"; update of 03/28/08: re-hospitalized; $1475.00 received so far; still short of $2000.00 goal; update of 04/28/08 - SEE ABOVE
Connie Bloxom ThompsonD 21015
3. Betty Brockwell McClure ('58) of VA - broken hip - early this year; still recovering and in pain; update of 06/17/08 - SEE: 06/18/08
4.Clyde Bryant ('58) of PA - heart replacement surgery - 12/13/07
5.My Niece Shari of VA - 05/26/08 - dangerous abscess in mouth; update of 06/06/08 - back right upper tooth has to be cut out on 06/09/08, as it dangerously impacted; update of 06/11/08 and update of 06/12/08 - SEE: 06/12/08; update of 06/13/08 - SEE: 06/14/08; update of 06/15/08 - SEE: 06/17/08; update of 06/19/08 - SEE ABOVE
6. Me ('65) of NC - recent (late January) development of congestive heart failure plus the usual financial woes; update of 03/28/08: not as well as I'd hoped to be by now; more downs than ups..... ; update of 04/18/08 - SEE: 04/18/08
7. Emily (daughter of My Niece Shari) of VA - advancing scoliosis; surgery 03/11/08; update of 03/12/08: surgery went well, running slight fever; update of 03/18/08: had some ups and lows, but is home again; update of 04/14/08 - still in pain, running a fever; update of 04/18/08 - SEE: 04/18/08; update of 05/05/08 - "finally getting better. Her hamstring stretching is painful, but making a big difference. She has years of physical therapy ahead of her, but is doing soo much better"; update of 05/13/08 - has had a setback; going to see the surgeon in Richmond on 05/15/08; update of 06/15/08 - SEE: 06/17/08
My second granddaughter,
Rachel Harty of IL - broke her ankle/leg in 3 places on 05/17/08; clean
breaks, no surgery required, but located in a tricky place for a growing
girl, so proper healing is essential; update
of 05/30/08 - "healing nicely. They put her in a cast below the knee. She
still can't put any weight on it for 2 more weeks. Then she will be in a
walking cast for 3 weeks after that";
update of 06/14/08 - Her leg is
healing much faster than the doctor had expected. She is in a waterproof
walking cast now for 3 weeks, then this cast will come off and she will have physical
9. Frances Heath Scott ('62) of VA - inflammation of nerves; due to have been released from hospital on 02/27/08; update of 04/14/08 - "at home recuperating"; update of 05/22/08 - "still at home recuperating"; update of 06/09/08 - "still at home recovering. I am sure they would love receiving cards/notes from NNHS friends."
Tommy and Fran Scott
11 Rutledge Road
Newport News, VA 23601-2422
10. Bobby Hedrick ('58) of VA - recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer; update of 03/22/08: "doing very well, no pain, just some soreness"; update of 05/10/08: "continues to do well since the surgery for pancreatic cancer and will now begin the follow-up treatment to be decided upon following the consultation and evaluation at MD Anderson (Houston)."
11.Pam Pennington Cherry ('58) of VA - congestive heart failure; cardiac ablation procedure - 02/06/08; second surgery on 02/20/08 for aneurysm; update of 03/17/08 - still experiencing difficulty with heart racing, breathing and pressure in her chest; pray that cardiac ablation procedure will not have to be repeated, and that Pam can learn to REST!; update of 05/04/08 - "in about eight months she will indeed have to have the ablation process repeated. "
12. Tommy Scott ('61) of VA - update of 04/14/08 - "at home recuperating"; update of 05/22/08 - "still at home recuperating"; update of 06/09/08 - "still at home recovering. I am sure they would love receiving cards/notes from NNHS friends."
14. Jim Wilson ('58) of VA recovering from prostate surgery on 06/02/08
15. All of Us
DATES TO REMEMBER:
1. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 26 - 28, 2008 -NNHS CLASS OF 1968:
http://www.nnhs65.00freehost.com/reunion-class-of-1968.html - 03/31/08
2. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, October 17 - 19, 2008- NNHS CLASS OF 1963:
http://www.nnhs65.00freehost.com/reunion-class-of-1963.html - 03/26/08
Y'all take care of each other! TYPHOONS FOREVER! We'll Always Have Buckroe!
Love to all, Carol
NNHS CLASS OF '65 WEB SITE:
PERSONAL WEB SITE: http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/cluckmeat
219 Four Ply Lane
Fayetteville, NC 29311-9305
To donate, click on the gold seal on the left,
or just mail it to my home. Thanks!
Three Stooges Theme
"Three Stooges" theme midi courtesy of
http://www.tv-timewarp.co.uk/midi_files/ - 06/19/08
First Image of Moe Howard courtesy of http://www.born-today.com/Today/06-19.htm - 06/19/08
Second Image of Moe Howard (February 1975) courtesy of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_Howard - 06/19/08
Animated Divider Line clip art courtesy of http://www.wtv-zone.com/nevr2l82/bars32.html - 06/19/08
Animated Tiny Birthday Cake clip art courtesy of Sarah Puckett Kressaty ('65) of VA - 08/31/05
Army Seal clip art courtesy of Al
Farber ('64) of GA - 05/24/06
Hillsboro High School's Topper (Band Version) clip art courtesy of http://www.hillsboroschools.net/schools/hhs/activities/music2/Band/bio.html - 06/07/08
American School Logo courtesy of http://www.americanschoolofcorr.com/grads.asp - 09/05/06
Animated Laughing Frog courtesy of
Joyce Lawrence Cahoon of VA - 05/31/08
Back to NNHS Newsletters - 2008
Return to NNHS Class of 1965