- NNHS Newsletter
You Don’t Love Me Anymore
“Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.”
Dear Friends and Schoolmates,
Today seems like a Weird Al kind of a day........
BONUS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWD5gdpt4Dw - You Don't Love Me Anymore - Weird Al Yankovic
THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAYS:
Happy Birthday today to Bill Campbell ('54) of VA AND Genis Bird Crowder Hornsby ('54) AND Barbara Jones ('54)!
Happy Birthday tomorrow to Marvin Barnes ('65) of VA!
Happy Birthday this week to:
01 - The Head Cheerleader of 1958, Evelyn Fryer Fish of TX;
02 - Billy Turner ('65) of TX AND My Granddaughter, Rachel Harty (Collinsville HS, IL - '14) of IL;
Many Happy Returns to You All!
|THIS DAY IN WWII:|
|THIS DAY IN 1963:|
|Tuesday, April 27, 1963 - Actress Cali Timmins was born Carolyn Timmins in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Heir grandfather, Noah Timmins, was the pioneering Canadian mining executive who gave his name to the city of Timmins, Ontario.|
From My Daughter, Adrienne Harty (Hillsboro HS, IL / American School, IL) of NC (temporarily of MA) - 04/26/13, 11:04 AM - "RE: 04/18/13 - NNHS - Together":
|Aww, thank you, Mama! I love and miss you!
Thank you, Baby Girl, I love and miss you, too!
From My Children of Other Parents, Joe Mansfield (Stanton College Prep School, FL - 2002) AND Megan Fulmer Mansfield (John Marshall HS, TX - 2002) of MD - 04/26/13:
Joe and me at his white coat ceremony!
all that hard work is paying off!
|Friday, April 26, 2013|
From My Daughter, Adrienne Harty (Hillsboro HS, IL / American School, IL) of NC (temporarily of MA) - 04/26/13 - "Baby Outfit":
Do you think you could make this?
Well, that is just, um, precious, isn't it? Certainly! Except for the crocheted necklace, gold ring, and "brooch", this one is knitted, but I can convert it to crochet. The vest could actually be made to look as though it's a separate article of clothing that way, too. Right now I'm working on several other projects, so there'll be a bit of a delay...
I love and miss you, too, Webbiest!
|" 'I will take the ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way.' Our little Frodo Baggins thanks the awesome and incredibly talented E Foley for his Lord of the Rings garb."|
|Courtesy of ThinkGeek.com|
From Wayne Agee ('58) of FL - 04/26/13 - "Winter":
If you're like me, you will see many things in this message that represent thoughts that really hit home. It is well worth your time to read.
Especially to old FRIENDS!
BOY HOWDY! Thanks so much, Wayne!
From Me ('65) of NC - 04/26/13 - "Snickerdoodle Muffins":
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1-1/4 cup sour cream
2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar and 1 TBSP cinnamon mixed together for rolling
1. Cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the vanilla. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and nutmeg.
3. Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg-butter mixture in the additions. Start with the flour and end with the flour. Scrape the bowl occasionally.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out muffin batter one at a time and drop into a shallow bowl filled with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the muffin around in the mixture until it is covered completely in cinnamon sugar. Place muffin into muffin tin. Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 12 to 14 muffins. Bake them for approx. 20-22 minutes in a 350F oven or until they are golden brown.
From Me ('65) of NC - 04/26/13 - "Transform":
From Ruth Reece Horace ('67) of FL - 04/08/13 - "Pets make you smile, ya gotta love em' (#13 of 36)":
To make you smile.....
Happy Pet Day!!!
AWW! Thanks, Ruthie!
BONUS CROCHET PIRANHA PATTERNS ("You put those piranhas in my bathtub again"):
|http://nanettecrochet.blogspot.com/2011/08/piranha-plant-scarf.html - Nanette's Piranha Plant Scarf and Hat Set|
A young man tutored his
DATES TO REMEMBER:
1. Thursday, May 2, 2013 -
The NNHS Class of 1955 holds Lunch Bunch gatherings on the
first Thursday of every month at Steve & John's Steak House
on Jefferson Avenue just above Denbigh Boulevard in Newport
News at 11:00 AM. The luncheon is not limited to just the
Class of '55; if you have friends in that year, go visit
2. Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - The NNHS Class of June 1942 meets at noon on the second Wednesday of every other month for a Dutch treat lunch at the James River Country Club, 1500 Country Club Road. PLEASE JOIN THEM. Give or take a few years makes no difference. Good conversation, food and atmosphere. For details, call Jennings Bryan at 803-7701 for reservations.
3. Friday and Saturday, October 4 and 5, 2013 - The NNHS Class of 1963 will hold their 50-Year Reunion at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Hampton on the Water. SEE: The website which has been set up for their class at www.nnhs1963.com; CONTACT: Frank Gibson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Joyce Williams Nettles, email@example.com, or Susie Overton Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
http://www.nnhs65.com/requests-prayers.html - updated 04/20/13
http://nnhs.wordpress.com/ - updated 03/13/11
Y'all take care of each other! TYPHOONS FOREVER! We'll Always Have Buckroe! Love to all, Carol
NNHS CLASS OF '65 WEB SITE:
PERSONAL WEB SITE: http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/cluckmeat
You Don't Love Me Anymore
Weird Al Yankovic
"You Don't Love Me Anymore"
midi courtesy of
http://www.barglenawdlezouss.com/midi.htm - 12/26/05
Annie Haslam's Painting, "Unrequited Love" courtesy of http://www.anniehaslam.com/images/full/unrequited_love.html - 03/08/06
Animated Blue Flame Divider
Line clip art courtesy of
http://www.wtv-zone.com/nevr2l82/bars40.html – 03/08/06
Army Seal clip art courtesy of Al Farber ('64) of GA - 05/24/06 (still
Collinsville High School (IL) Logo courtesy of http://www.kahoks.org/chs/ - 09/22/07
Hillsboro High School's Topper (Band Version) clip art courtesy of
American School Logo
http://www.americanschoolofcorr.com/grads.asp - 09/05/06
Animated Laughing Smiley
McCain Rose ('65) of VA - 02/07/05