- NNHS Newsletter
“Love, unrequited, robs me
of my rest:
William S. Gilbert
Dear Friends and Schoolmates,
Today seems like a Weird Al kind of a day - just as it did exactly three years ago today:
BONUS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1UEkC8aZY - "Weird Al" Yankovic - You Don't Love Me Anymore, 1992
THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAYS:
Happy Birthday today to Bill Campbell ('54) of VA AND Genis Bird Crowder Hornsby ('54) AND Barbara Jones ('54)!
Happy Birthday this week to:
29 - Brenda Davis English ('64) of KS AND Mike Sagman ('66) of VA;
01 - The Head Cheerleader of 1958, Evelyn Fryer Fish of TX;
02 - Billy Turner ('65) of TX AND My Granddaughter, Rachel Harty of IL;
03 - Pauline Collins Shofner ('65) of VA;
04 - Wanda Hodge Underwood ('57)!
Many Happy Returns to You All!
When It's Not Your Time
Nothing will happen to you until the appointed time. There's nothing like this amazing series of pictures to drive that point home.
Click the link below to view this month's movie:
This is a great way to deal with whatever life
throws at you.
Thank you so much, Bruce! How much happier we all would be once we learn to incorporate this principle in our lives - and teach it to others!
Tip - Managing the Unimaginable
By Theresa-Maria Napa, CPCC, LOACC, Apr 20, 2009
“It is not the mountain we conquer, but
ourselves.” Sir Edmund Hillary (1919-2008) New Zealand mountaineer and explorer.
If you are someone who is overworked, stressed out, burned out, under-paid, and underappreciated, then read on to see what successful people do to be winners in their lives.
In today’s environment you are being pulled in umpteen different directions at once. Each direction wants a part of you. The parts are getting exhausted and worn out, but you keep plugging along believing there is no other way. And you sincerely want to be your best, do your best, and be the fixer, problem solver all-in-one.
Maybe you are a business owner trying to keep from drowning in the cascade of responsibilities with limited funds preventing you from getting additional help; or an executive expected to reach goals with limited resources; or maybe your company has downsized putting additional leadership responsibilities on your plate.
A typical day might be this: getting up is a chore, since you may not have gotten enough sleep to rest and rejuvenate your tired body. You hurry to get dressed, perhaps skip breakfast, check text and voicemail messages as you rush to get to work. Stacked onto a lack of sleep and a harried morning you are now faced with additional stress getting to an important meeting, while answering emails and social networking - and the day has only just begun.
By the end of the day you may even feel guilty that you didn’t get enough done and you didn’t call a friend to wish him/her a happy birthday. It is what I call “condensed living,” because it is creating a future within a framework of what you are accustomed to doing, rather than “Managing from the Unimaginable.”
The unimaginable is that which is available to all of us, but without managing your schedule to access the unimaginable, you continue to live repetitively from the container of the past. Going to the unimaginable is accessing your imagination to design new strategies. By exploring the unimaginable you will be greatly surprised at your brilliance and solutions.
Questions to Tap into the Unimaginable:
1. What if I were to be an Observer of my situation wherein I could be objective?
2. What would I see as an Observer?
3. What is working that would be useful toward winning my goals.
4. What do I need to let go of?
5. Where am I deceiving myself?
• Become the Observer of your life. Looking in from the outside watching yourself doing what you are doing throughout the day. An Observer is non-judgmental and unemotional. Objectively notice what is it you see that is working toward your best interest.
• Working on overdrive deprives you body, mind and spirit from actually performing at your best. Your mind is the powerhouse from where you can gain amazing answers. Tired minds bring about diluted results. If you want to be an influential leader, improve your bottom line, or have a better way to do things, then rest your mind and do something creative that you enjoy. Answers will come to you.
• Learn to balance your career and personal life. Look at simplifying tasks and letting go of tasks that don’t serve your bigger picture objectives.
• It is easy to get hypnotized by daily routines that cause unconsciousness in our relationships to those in our life and especially the relationship with oneself. There are numerous reasons why and why not to do something, but what is the cost when you are depriving yourself with limited thinking from the past?
• Managing the unimaginable is connecting to answers that are unimaginable to anyone living in the past. Unlimited possibilities are available from the right side of the brain. Get involved in creative activities that are enjoyable. It can be as simple as doodling or mind-mapping.
• There is only so much stress your body, mind and spirit can endure. Your body’s immune system suffers from stress, your peace of mind suffers and your passion for life diminishes when you keep asking these parts to consistently put in overtime. You are meant to expand and live life joyously. The key is to give yourself permission that it is okay to invest in your self-awareness.
• Say “yes” to what deepens learning and moves you forward. It is way more powerful than being seduced by the past way of doing things which no longer work.
• Say “no” to what doesn’t serve you in living life fully.
• Remember to manage your imagination to reach your unimaginable brilliance and Anything is Possible!
“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.” Pantanjali (c. 1st to 3rd Century B.C.) Indian master and founder of Yoga
Theresa-Maria Napa, CPCC, LOACC is a certified
personal and professional coach; founder of Right Track Coaching. Her talents
have been strengthened through a variety of disciplines: Coaches Training
Institute, Co-Active Leadership, Course in Miracles, Landmark, Coachpreneurs,
CoachVille, Fashion Designer, Licensed Cosmetologist, VP of Marketing &
Operations, Director of Marketing & Administration, Anthony Robbins, Stephen
Covey, Now What authorized facilitator, Law of Attraction certified coach, Women
in Film Chicago Board Member, NAWBO Membership Committee, small business owner,
Theresa-Maria, takes her coaching to higher levels of impact with her understanding, compassion, and deliberate intention that each of her clients is distinctive in who they are and what they want to achieve. The testimonials at righttrackcoaching.com offer an insight to what her clients say about her style and what they accomplished during and after they were coached by T-M.
T-M loves to laugh, make a difference, as well as being the best she can be. She explores new possibilities and knows how to enjoy being in the now. Check out her programs at righttrackcoaching.com.
© Copyright by SelfGrowth.com, Self Improvement Online, Inc.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
1. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, May 15, 16, and 17, 2009 - The Hampton High School Class of 1964 will hold its 45-Year Reunion at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. For details, see: www.hamptonhigh1964.com - HAMPTON HIGH SCHOOL - CLASS OF 1964
2. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 4, 5 and 6 (Labor Day Weekend), 2009 - The Class of 1969 will hold its 40-Year Reunion at the Point Plaza Hotel, Newport News, VA. For details, see: http://www.nnhs65.00freehost.com/reunion2009-69.html and contact Jean Baker Howell at email@example.com - OPEN TO ALL NNHS ALUMNI
3. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 18, 19, and 20, 2009 - The Warwick High School Class of 1959 will hold its 50-Year Reunion at the Marriott Newport News at City Center, Newport News, VA. For details, contact WHSREUNION1959@aol.com.
4. Friday and Saturday, October 9 and 10, 2009 - The Class of 1964 will hold its 45-Year Reunion at the Newport News Marriott at City Center, 740 Town Center Drive, Newport News, VA 23606: For details, see: http://www.nnhs65.00freehost.com/reunion2009-64.html - CLASS OF 1964
http://www.nnhs65.00freehost.com/requests-prayers.html - updated 04/23/09
http://nnhs.wordpress.com/ - updated 01/09/09
Y'all take care of each other! TYPHOONS FOREVER! We'll Always Have Buckroe!
Love to all, Carol
NNHS CLASS OF '65 WEB SITE:
PERSONAL WEB SITE: http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/cluckmeat
746 Hillsboro Avenue
Edwardsville, IL 62025-1821
To donate, click on the gold seal on the left,
or just mail it to my home. Thanks!
You Don't Love Me Anymore
Weird Al Yankovic
(b. 23 Oct 1959)
We've been together for so very long
But now things are changing, oh I wonder what's wrong?
Seems you don't want me around
The passion is gone and the flame's died down
I guess I lost a little bit of self-esteem
That time that you made it with the whole hockey team
You used to think I was nice
Now you tell all your friends that I'm the Antichrist
Oh, why did you disconnect the breaks in my car?
That kind of thing is hard to ignore
Got a funny feeling you don't love me anymore
I knew that we were having problems when
You put those piranhas in my bathtub again
You're still the light of my life
Oh darling, I'm beggin', won't you put down that knife?
You know, I even think it's kinda cute the way
You poison my coffee just a little each day
I still remember the way that you laughed
When you pushed me down that elevator shaft
Oh, if you don't mind me asking, what's this poisonous cobra
Doing in my underwear drawer?
Sometime I get to thinking you don't love me any more
You slammed my face down on the barbecue grill
Now my scars are all healing, but my heart never will
You set my house on fire
You pulled out my chest hairs with an old pair of pliers
Oh, you think that I'm ugly and you say that I'm cheap
You shaved off my eyebrows while I was asleep
You drilled a hole in my head
Then you dumped me in a drainage ditch and left me for dead
Oh, you know this really isn't like you at all
You never acted this way before
Honey, something tells me you don't love me any more, oh no no
Got a funny feeling you don't love me anymore
[approximately 10 minutes and 2 seconds of silence]
[some loud and spontaneous noises]
"You Don't Love Me Anymore"
midi courtesy of
http://www.barglenawdlezouss.com/midi.htm - 12/26/05
"You Don't Love Me Anymore" lyrics courtesy of http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/weirdalyankovic/youdontlovemeanymore.html - 12/26/05
Annie Haslam's Painting, "Unrequited Love" courtesy of http://www.anniehaslam.com/images/full/unrequited_love.html - 03/08/06
Animated Blue Flame Divider Line clip art courtesy of http://www.wtv-zone.com/nevr2l82/bars40.html – 03/08/06
Animated Tiny Birthday Cake clip art courtesy of
Sarah Puckett Kressaty ('65) of VA - 08/31/05
Thanks, Sarah Sugah!
Army Seal clip art courtesy of Al Farber ('64) of GA - 05/24/06
Replaced by Norm Covert ('61) of MD - 02/09/09
Hampton High School's Crab clip art courtesy of
Replaced courtesy o
Back to NNHS Newsletters - 2009
Return to NNHS Class of 1965